Legility. Changing the way legal services are delivered.
Here at Legility, we value your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect and maintain personal information from a variety of individuals, although we only do so for legitimate business interests, with your informed consent, or as otherwise required by law.
Categories of individuals include:
- Visitors: individuals who visit our Site and use the web form to request information or to register for an event.
- Job seekers: individuals who apply for internal job opportunities with Legility or who seek to join our Flexible Talent team of professionals providing critical support to our clients.
- Clients, vendors, service providers, and other suppliers: employees, representatives and/or agents of our clients, service providers, vendors, and other suppliers with whom we have a business relationship.
What We Collect From or About You
About our Site. Legility is committed to respecting your privacy. We do not use “cookies” or “web beacons” to identify visitors to our Site. Anyone can visit our Site anonymously without divulging any personally identifiable information. Indeed, our Site does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide such information to us. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us.
When visiting our Site, our log servers will capture your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may automatically be identified and logged in our server log files whenever you, as a user, access our Site. This log may include the time and the page(s) visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, derive your approximate location, diagnose server problems, and administer the Site. We do not use IP addresses for identification or direct marketing purposes. Collecting IP addresses is a standard industry practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services.
About Legility and our Services. Legility may collect information from or about you in a number of ways: through our website form; via mail, email, or telephone; in response to your request for our Services; and from third-party sources (including third-party software service providers). The information we may collect through these avenues includes the following:
- For Site visitors, we offer a web form that you can use to request information about our Services, to request a copy of a white paper or other offered resource, to register for an event, or to ask us to contact you. We only collect and maintain the information you provide to us on that web form, such as your name and contact information (Company, email, phone) and any message you want to provide.
- For event attendees, we may collect any additional personal information you choose to share with us before, at, or after the event.
- When you apply for employment with Legility, we will ask for certain personal information necessary to assess your candidacy. Generally, we will request, via email, a copy of your résumé and contact information (email address, mailing address, and phone number). Candidates who are accepted for further consideration will be directed to a third-party onboarding site, which is governed by its own privacy notice.
- If you contract with us for use of our Services or to provide your services to Legility, we may collect, via email or other means, your name, contact information, taxpayer identification number (if applicable), and payment/financial information (if applicable). We will also collect any additional information we need from you to establish an account for you in our system or to meet our obligations to you under the terms of an agreement for Services with you.
- From time to time, we may conduct surveys through our Site or via email. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose the requested information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email), and demographic information (such as zip code or age range). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site or our Services or as otherwise stated in the survey.
How We Use Your Information
In General. We use the information we collect from or about you only for internal purposes. Any of this data can be removed at your request, unless we have a legitimate business need to retain it or retention is required by law.
In most cases, we will use the collected information as follows:
- To communicate with you, including responding to inquiries from you.
- To process your registration for one of our events.
- To fulfil a request from you for one of our offered products, such as a request to receive a copy of one of our White Papers.
- For informing you of our Services and upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
- To provide and administer our Services, including establishing an account for you in our system or hosting and storing data for you, in accordance with our contractual arrangements with you.
- For employment purposes.
- For internal business operations.
- To conduct a survey.
Communications. If you choose to give us your telephone number and/or e-mail address, we may, from time to time, communicate with you through those means. This may include sending you automated email messages, text messages (message and data rates may apply), marketing materials regarding our Services, or employment information. For instance, we may send out emails to our employment candidates about new job offerings and upcoming projects, or to our clients about upcoming events and new products or services.
EU Residents. If you reside in the EU, when we communicate with you, unless otherwise indicated, we rely on our legitimate interest to continue to keep you informed, maintain business relationships, and update you on matters that continue to be of interest to you.”
We do hope that we can continue to be in touch. If you would prefer to no longer receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, or to receive any communications from us via telephone or email, whether or not you are in the EU, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
How We May Share Your Information
Information collected via this Site, through the provision of our Services, or for employment purposes is treated as strictly confidential. Legility does not rent, sell, barter, disclose, distribute, or share personal information about you with third parties except as set forth in this Notice and then, only with your informed consent, for legitimate business purposes, as required by law, or in response to a government investigation. We DO NOT sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal information with third parties for that third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Reasons we would share your personal information include:
- For our third-party service providers to perform business functions and services on our behalf, such as our use of third-party administrators for payroll and benefits purposes.
- For our own marketing purposes, such as engaging a third-party vendor to distribute a client newsletter or event notices, to host an event, etc.
- To facilitate the employment and staffing process, including confirming your identity and verifying your credentials, employment and education history, criminal background history, reference checks, and bar or license history.
- For purposes of a reorganization, merger, sale, lease, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- We may share some or all of your personal information with our affiliated companies, in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy Notice.
We only provide these third parties (and potential Affiliates) with the minimum amount of personal data necessary to provide the services on our behalf. These third parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and are not permitted to use your personal information except for the limited purpose of completing the requested service or transaction.
Please note that any personal information you reveal or post on one of our public forums (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) are not protected by this Privacy Notice and is open to public view. We urge you not to share any personal information through these forums.
Any personal information you disclose through any blogs that may be hosted on our Site may be collected and used by others. You should assume that any personal information you provide in response to any blogs on our Site will become public.
Where We Store Your Information
We process and store your personal information solely in the United States. Our Site and Services are operated and offered solely within the United States and are not intended to subject Legility to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
If you reside outside the United States, you understand that the United States may not have as stringent a level of data protection safeguards as other countries. By using Legility’s Site or Services, you are agreeing to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States.
How We Protect Your Information
At Legility, we are fully committed to protecting the personal information you share with us, both online and offline. Specifically, we aim to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information. We take commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. All electronic information is stored on secured servers and hard-copy personal information in physically-secured locations, and may include precautions such as physical access controls, password-protection, 2-factor identification for remote access, encryption, firewalls, and anonymization or pseudonymization of data. Deletion of data includes shredding, physical destruction of media, and use of data wiping technology.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain your information for only as long as needed to provide you with the requested Services, to meet our governance responsibilities, to comply with legal requirements, for business operations (subject to our data retention policies), to protect against fraud and theft, and as required or permitted by law.
When we no longer have an ongoing, legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Access To and Control Over Your Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting us as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section:
- See what information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any information we have about you.
- Have us delete any information we have about you.
- Opt-out of any future communications from us at any time.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information.
Privacy of Minors
Legility’s Site and Services are not intended for or directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a user of our Site, you may ask us to remove information that you have shared with us through our Site by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact us” section below.
If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will take immediate steps to delete that data from our systems.
Third Party Links
At times, our Site may contain links to other, third party websites. Legility is not responsible for
the privacy policies or practices of any third party, and we encourage you to review the privacy notices of those third parties before providing them with any of your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
At times, Legility may need to modify this Privacy Notice. Any such changes will be posted on this page so that you will always know what information we are collecting and how we are using it. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes. By using this Site or any of our Services after such changes take effect, you are consenting to the terms of the revised Privacy Notice.
How You Can Contact Us
We always welcome feedback regarding our Site and this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or if you want to view, correct, or delete your information held by us or opt-out of communications from us, please contact:
Attn: Mona Maerz, GC
112 Westwood Place
Brentwood, TN 37027
You can contact us by any indicated method: mail, telephone, or email. We will respond to you as expeditiously as possible, subject to business operational considerations.
This Privacy Notice is effective as of November 1, 2018.