Business Development Director
Legility seeks a Business Development Director to be responsible for directly driving sales to achieve individual revenue and gross margin targets. Having a strong knowledge of the individual's geographic legal market with established client relationships and credibility in the corporate legal community is essential for success in this position. The role includes responsibility for executing an individual sales plan which includes heavy emphasis on acquisition of new customers. Solution selling skills will be used to secure new opportunities across all business lines to meet client needs. Legility operates in a collaborative culture which requires effective working relationships across multiple lines of business, including: Flexible Talent, Enterprise Legal Solutions, Managed Services, and eDiscovery Data Solutions.
The Business Development Director responsibilities will entail:
- Maintain and own a direct book of business with responsibility for sales strategy, relationship management, pipeline generation, closing deals
- Drive revenue and achieve sales quota through a portfolio of both existing and new clients with defined account plans
- Effectively present all Legility solutions to address client needs and articulate compelling value propositions
- Ability to effectively engage with clients at all levels of a legal department and law firm, including the General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer, Legal Operations Officer, Managing Partner, and practice group leaders.
- Ensure clients receive a high-level of service and quality
- Minimum of years (5) years of structured sales experience in the corporate legal market. Juris Doctor desired, but not required.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the legal industry, including industry trends and market drivers
- Highly motivated by innovation, a desire to change the status quo, and improved practices and processes in the legal industry
- Strategic and results oriented approach to account planning, new business generation and existing client growth
- Established network within the individual's legal market
- Ability to build a book of business and drive revenue growth through direct proactive selling leveraging network, relationships, hard target prospecting and strategic partnering
- Proven selling skills including the ability to understand market conditions and client specific needs/objectives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.
Legility (legility.com), a leader in Legal Operations, provides consulting, technology, managed solutions, and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys and paralegals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.