Paralegal – Financial Services (Abandoned Property)
Legility seeks a paralegal to work on abandoned property matters with the legal department of a large financial services company in Smithfield, RI. The candidate either must be able to work at our client’s office in Smithfield, RI or to work remotely and work in Smithfield as needed. This is a 40-hour per week, long-term contract position.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Ability to make sound business decisions in an effort to mitigate risk to our clients and the firm, and understand and effectively communicate actions requested as a result of research.
- Demonstrate robust client advocacy with innovative and analytical thinking, and problem solving with well-defined resolution techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical capabilities, proficient with Microsoft Excel and other data analytics tools.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and maintains review and follow up processes to ensure accuracy of their work product.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Willingness to build and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners across the organization.
- Openness to be approachable and collaborate well with others in a fast paced environment and growing organization.
- Strong brokerage knowledge and familiarity with systems (Siebel, XTRAC, FocusPoint, FBSI, FDOT) preferred but not necessary
- Graduate of a top college/university with 1-2 years of experience in a legal or business setting
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legility (legility.com), a leader in Legal Operations, provides consulting, technology, managed solutions, and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys, paralegals and other legal and technology professionals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.