San Antonio, TX
Legility, A New Law Company, is seeking attorneys who are looking for a different way to practice law. Legility has a Fortune 100 client in the diversified financial services and insurance industries based in San Antonio, Texas. The attorney will work full-time (30-40 hours per week) on-site at the client’s headquarters in San Antonio. This assignment offers stability over the long-term and is expected to last two (2) years.
Do you have the following legal skills?
- At least 2 years of experience representing financial institutions in consumer litigation, such as claims made under the: TCPA; FCRA; FDCPA (federal and state); EFTA; UCC; and DTPA
- At least 4 years of experience in civil litigation, to include responding to written discovery requests, taking depositions, and preparing witnesses for depositions
- At least 3 years of experience preparing case evaluations or legal memos for clients or supervising attorneys to provide opinions on the risk and exposure presented based on the merits of the individual lawsuits
Your daily responsibilities would be:
- Working as in-house counsel managing a docket of 50-75 routine consumer litigation cases or arbitrations involving consumer banking products
- Investigating the facts relating to the dispute, engaging and supervising outside counsel from the company’s panel counsel list, setting and documenting case strategy and case progress
- Reviewing and approving pleadings, motions, and discovery responses prepared by outside counsel
- Evaluating the exposure and risk presented by each case and preparing recommendations for trial or recommended settlement amounts to resolve individual lawsuits
You are confident using technology, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Document Management Systems, such as Documentum, OpenText, and Box
- Legal Case/Matter Management Systems, such as TeamConnect, CounselLink, Lawtrac
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legility (legility.com), a leader in Legal Operations, provides consulting, technology, managed solutions, and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys and paralegals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.