First Impression Coordinator
New Law company Legility, formerly Counsel On Call/DSi, is looking for a First Impression Coordinator to join our corporate team. This critical position is responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience on the phone or in person to all Legility Data Solutions employees, visitors and clients. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing general office support in a variety of clerical activities. The ability to multi-task with the phone system and other administrative responsibilities is required. This position reports to Human Resources and will perform other job-related duties as assigned by Management. This is a full-time position in downtown Nashville.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates the phone system to answer, screen and forward calls accurately
- Greet and welcome all visitors with a pleasant, welcoming attitude and helpful manner
- Create visitor badges, manage sign in procedures and direct or escort visitors to a specific destination
- Perform routine administrative support tasks for a variety of internal functions dependent upon business needs, such as filing, printing, mailing, distributing/receiving mail, packages and documents
- Assist with onboarding process for new hires including scheduling for first day, assigning DISC assessments, initiating HIPAA Exams, ordering new hire lunches, etc.
- Demonstrates commitment to the highest standards of customer satisfaction by displaying courtesy and sensitivity when responding promptly to internal and external customer requests
- Make reservations and manage travel arrangements in accordance with company travel policy
- Provides support for planning and organizing local office events
- Manage HIPAA training renewals for all employees
- Assist with ordering items for monthly birthdays and manage anniversary card process
- Support and maintain adequate inventory of supplies for the office and breakroom
- Assist with various administrative and special projects as needed
Job Qualifications and Technical Skills:
- High School diploma required; Associate Degree (preferred but not required)
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Critical Role Competencies:
- Customer focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Regular punctual attendance
- Ability to respond to issues and emergencies in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to work independently
- Capability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal and external customers
- Professional attitude and appearance
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.
Legility (legility.com), a leader in legal operations, provides consulting, technology, managed solutions and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys, paralegals, and other legal and technology professionals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.