Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Legility is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Developer. The Senior BI Developer provides analytical solutions for business problems and creates an understanding of key data as it pertains to business needs. He/she will coordinate with key stakeholders pertaining to the business problem to gather information around problem and desired outcome, translate needs to an analytic solution, identify data sources and build methodologies around the solution.
- Business Problem (Question) Framing: obtaining an understanding of the business problem, identifying stakeholders and identifying business benefits. Determining if there is an analytical solution for the business problem. Refining problem statement and delineating constraints.
- Analytics Problem Framing: reformulating the business problem as an analytics problem. Defining key metrics of success.
- Data: Identifying data needs and resources. Identifying means of data collection. Determining how to clean and normalize data sets. Identifying data set relations. Redefining analytic problem statement using the data results from analysis.
- Methodology (Approach) Selection: identifying problem solving approach (descriptive, predictive, prescriptive). Identifying software tools needed (SQL, PowerShell, Excel, etc.). Testing the approaches and methods identified.
- Model Building: identifying and building an effective model structure. Running and evaluating models, calibrating to improve performance. Integrating models between tools and methods.
- Deployment: Identifying means of publishing data (Visualization tools, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Supporting deployment with documentation creation and monitoring usage.
- Model Life Cycle Management: tracking model quality, recalibrating and maintaining models, supporting training and coaching around reports. Continually assessing and evaluating solutions as compared to business benefits and needs.
Job Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Bachelor of the Arts or Bachelor of Science
- 5-10 years’ experience with eDiscovery or Technical
- Continue to learn new skills to meet the work and growth demands of the business
- Expertise with scripting and reporting at an ad hoc level along with deployment at a system level to create a robust methodology of capturing, altering and adding data on a project, client and company level as required by business needs
- Identify, create and participate in the planning and implementation of solutions designed to address areas of opportunity (internal or external) for the company
- Able to manage and prioritize requests with minimal wasted effort, while looking for ways to improve efficiency
- Able to troubleshoot and provide creative solutions to challenging situations
- Able to complete analysis of data and identify possible anomalies along with their corresponding scope
- Experience with integrating data from various source points (unstructured and structured)
- Use of MS Excel, Word and other Office apps
- SQL scripting is required while experience with additional scripting languages is preferred
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Jon.Stephens@legility.com
Legility (legility.com), a leader in Legal Operations, provides consulting, technology, managed solutions, and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys and paralegals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.